Visa Information – ECA College of Heath Sciences – CHS

Visa Information

  • Home
  • Visa Information

The following information will help you decide which class of student visa you need to study in Australia.

All visa applications by international students and education agents are processed online by creating an account on ImmiAccount.


Student visa (Subclass 500)

All of the following types of study are included on this visa. For more information about student visas, visit the Department of Home Affairs:

  • independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)
  • schools (primary and secondary)
  • secondary school exchange program
  • vocational education and training (VET)
  • higher education
  • postgraduate research
  • non-award courses
  • International students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.


  • Other visa options

    For shorter periods of study, you can apply for a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa. There is also a visa option specifically for student guardians.

    Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)

    • Maximum 3 months of study.
    • The intention to visit Australia is genuine.
    • Meet health and character requirements.
    • Sufficient money to support yourself during your stay in Australia.

    Read more about Visitor Visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.


    Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 and 462)

    • Maximum 4 months of study.
    • Aged 18 to 30 years and hold an eligible passport.
    • The principal purpose of the holiday in Australia.
    • Enter or remain in Australia as a genuine visitor.
    • Meet health and character requirements.
    • Sufficient funds for airfares and personal support for stay in Australia.

    Read more about Working Holiday Visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.




  • Student Guardian (Subclass 590)

    Provides for certain persons to reside with a student in Australia, where the student requires a guardian, ie: the student is under 18 years of age.

    • Study up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours per week for the duration of the visa.
    • Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
    • Sufficient funds for airfares and living costs.
    • Meet health and character requirements.
    • Acceptable health insurance.

    Read more about Student Guardian visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.


  • Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)

    • This visa allows eligible international students who have completed an Australian education to stay in Australia to gain work experience.
    • You can work in Australia for a period of 18 months and up to 4 years, depending on your qualification.
    • This visa does not restrict the type of work you may do or the number of hours you may work.
    • Applications for this visa must be made in Australia and you must hold an eligible student visa in the last 6 months.
    • You must meet Australian study, English proficiency, health insurance, health and character requirements.
    • You must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

    Read more about Temporary Graduate visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.

    Visa options and requirements are sometimes subject to change. In order to stay up to date, the best place to get accurate information is on the Department of Home Affairs website. The website provides comprehensive information on the types of visas available for different levels of study in Australia, including people considering bring family members with them (whether guardians, partners/spouses or children). You will also have access to help and advice about your specific visa requirements.

    Another option is to contact an education agent, who can help with your visa application, course application, and answer any other questions.

  • Visa requirements

    The student visa you need depends on your course. Here are some typical requirements:

    • Receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
    • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
    • Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
    • Demonstrate English language proficiency.
    • Meet health and character requirements.

    Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (see below).



  • Overseas Student Health Cover

    Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying here. It will also help pay for most prescription medicines and provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.

    You will need to purchase OSHC for yourself and any family member travelling with you, before you arrive in Australia. You must have OSHC for the duration of your student visa. You can find out more about OSHC cover, including where to purchase OSHC at

  • How to apply

    To study in Australia you’ll need to apply for admission to an institution and a student visa from the Australian Government.

    Once you’ve decided on a course and an institution, it’s time to apply for admission.

    Application process

    The first step is to apply for the course you want. There are two ways to apply:

    1. Direct to the education provider

    To apply direct, download the application form from the education provider’s website. If you are applying for courses at more than one institution, you will need to submit a separate application to each institution.

    2. Through an Australian education agent

    Most institutions partner with a number of agents. Details on the agents an institution works with can be found on their website or by contacting them directly.

    You will need to prepare supporting documentation to send with your application. The documents vary depending on the course, provider and qualification you’re studying for. The most important documents include:

    • Certificates that verify your previous study, including qualifications you already have.
    • Evidence of your English language proficiency.
    • Certificates or documents which verify previous study or work experience if you are seeking course credits. These must be translated into English.

    Receiving your Letter of Offer

    If your application is successful, you will receive a ‘Letter of Offer’. To confirm your offer you must respond to this letter by signing and sending an acceptance of the offer back to the institution. This can usually be done by mail or, in some cases, by scanning and emailing the letter. The Letter of Offer is a contract between you and the institution. It sets out the course you will be enrolled in, enrolment conditions, the fees you need to pay, and the refund payable if you don’t complete your course with that provider. This contract is very important – if you don’t start your course, or finish your course, this written agreement will be used to determine if you will receive a refund.


    • Read the Letter of Offer carefully before you accept it.
    • Make sure that you understand all your rights, including the refund arrangements.
    • Do not accept the Letter of Offer if you are not happy with any of its terms.
    • Keep a copy of the Letter of Offer. You will need this copy so that you are aware of your rights and if you have to make a claim against the institution.

    Confirmation of Enrolment

    After you have accepted your Offer and paid your deposit you will receive an ‘Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment’ (eCoE) by email. This will outline your course start date, total course fees and how long your course will run for.

    Visa application

    If you are applying for your Student Visa through the Department of Home Affairs online lodgement facility, you will need the details of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment to lodge your visa application. If you are lodging a paper visa application you must provide the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment prior to the visa being granted.

    Generally, secondary school exchange students and students sponsored by either Department of Foreign Affairs or the Department of Defence are the only students who will not require a confirmation of enrolment certificate.

    You should make sure that you meet the requirements for a student visa before you accept an offer and pay any tuition fees.

    Student visa

    Visit Australia to participate in a course of study.


    From AUD 710, unless exempt.

    Processing times

    Processing times vary

    With this visa, you can

    You must

    • be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
    • hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
    • must be 6 years or older
    • prove you have a welfare arrangement if you are under 18
    • If in Australia hold an eligible substantive visa. See, ‘Have this Visa if applying while in Australia” in Eligibility Tab.


    • A substantive visa ceases to be in effect if another substantive visa is granted
    • Applications are received Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (or Australian Eastern daylight standard time (AEDST) when applicable)
akun slot demo slot depo 5k slot depo 5000 5k bandar togel terpercaya slot luar negeri slot gacor server luar slot gacor 4d slot depo 5k depo 5k slot depo 5000 slot depo 10k slot depo 10k gacor depo 10k maxwin slot gacor luar negeri slot depo 10k maxwin slot depo 5k maxwin link slot gacor slot gacor 4d slot luar negeri slot depo 5k gacor terbaru slot depo 10k terbaru slot depo 10k slot gacor 4d maxwin slot gacor maxwin slot depo 10k bandar togel terpercaya situs togel terpercaya link slot gacor slot gacor 4d slot gacor 4d terbaru web slot gacor slot luar negeri slot gacor link slot gacor bandar togel terpercaya toto 4d slot gacor 4d slot luar negeri daftar akun slot demo slot gacor maxwin slot depo 10k slot gacor maxwin slot gacor link slot gacor slot gacor terbaru slot demo slot demo zeus slot depo 5k gacor slot depo 10k terbaruslot gacor situs toto 4d slot gacor slot gacor 4d maxwin slot gacor 4d link situs slot gacor akun slot demo bandar togel terpercaya slot luar negeri slot 4d gacor daftar slot gacor slot demo pragmatic slot gacor slot demo slot gacor 4d bandar togel terpercaya slot gacor slot demo slot luar negeri slot gacor slot demo slot gacor 4d slot depo 10k slot depo 5k