Applying for credit – ECA College of Heath Sciences – CHS

Applying for credit

  • Home
  • Applying for credit

What is a Pathway ?

Pathways link the qualifications that you have already obtained or are in the process of obtaining with approved courses at CHS. These links allow articulation and credit transfer between courses. For more information on pathways, please speak with your course coordinator.

What is Recognition of Prior Learning ?

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that applies to individuals who may have prior study, or other relevant experience, but who do not have access to credit transfer arrangements for the chosen course. You are encouraged to discuss possible applications with your enrolment officer at enrolment and may be required to provide the syllabus details of your qualification. For further details please refer to the CHS Recognition of Prior Learning Policy. If your application for advanced standing is successful, and your course duration is reduced, your eCoE will be updated with a new course end date. You will need to contact the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to check whether your visa status is affected.

  • Eligibility

    All students enrolled in higher education courses at CHS are eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (credentialed or experiential). For receiving credit towards your previous study, please fill the online application form for Recognition of Prior Learning.

    Applications for advanced standing are required at least 10 business days earlier than a standard application. This will ensure your advanced standing application is processed in a timely manner and can be included in your Letter of Offer. If you submit a new application too late, your advanced standing application will still be assessed, but you may not receive confirmation of the amount of credit granted in your Letter of Offer or before you enrol. Please attach certified copies of your qualifications when submitting your online application.

    Please note: CHS may contact your former institution(s) for further information regarding your application for advanced standing. Applications must be completed prior to the commencement of study. Applications received during semester study will not be considered until after the study period.